Local Licensing Authority
Please use the tabs below to learn more about the liquor licensing process and the types of liquor licenses that may be applied for.
- DR8404 New Liquor License Application (PDF)
- DR8404-I Individual History Record (PDF)
- DR8495 Tax Authorization Waiver
- DR8442 Permit Application and Report of Changes (Manager, Change in Location, Premises Change) (PDF)
- DR8177 Change in Corporate or Limited Liability Structure (PDF)
- DR8407 Retail or Fermented Malt Beverage Reissue Application (PDF)
- DR8443 Art Gallery Permit (PDF)
- DR8447 Bed and Breakfast Permit (PDF)
- DR8439 Special Events Liquor Permit (PDF)
- Berthoud Special Event Application (PDF)
Liquor License Types
- Art Gallery Permit
- Fermented Malt Liquor
- Arts Liquor License
- Bed and Breakfast Permit
- Beer and Wine
- Brew Pub
- Hotel and Restaurant
- Hotel and Restaurant w/ Optional Premises
- Liquor Licensed Drug Store
- Lodging and Entertainment
- Retail Liquor Store
- Vinter's Restaurant License
All documents for renewal, including Colorado State applications, must be submitted to the Town of Berthoud for approval and processing. Download the Renewal Form (PDF).
Please see Colorado Form DR8407 (PDF) if your license has been expired for more than 90 days, but less than 180 days.
Do not send your renewal application directly to the State of Colorado. All applications should be submitted to the Berthoud Licensing Authority for Local Approval.
Liquor License renewal applications are processed administratively and do not require the approval of the Local Licensing Authority. All renewal applications must be complete and include all required fees for processing. Renewals should be summitted as early as possible to allow for processing.
Public hearings are required before obtaining a new liquor license, to transfer ownership, transfer of location, or a modification of licensed premises. Public hearings are held following the regularly scheduled Municipal Court session. View the Municipal Court schedule to find the next Local Licensing Authority Meeting.
Fingerprinting and Background Checks
The Town of Berthoud requires applicants to complete a fingerprinting background check for any new license, transfer of ownership, or change in owner application.
Applicants may schedule a fingerprinting appointment online. Fingerprinting may be completed at many different locations. Please ensure that the Town of Berthoud CBI account number is used when scheduling your appointment. The account number ensures that the fingerprinting results are sent to the appropriate licensing authority.
CBI Account Number: CONCJ6140